Monday, October 5, 2009

#9: My Horizontal Life

The fact that I finished this book in one day should speak volumes about how good it was. I love Chelsea Handler. I watch Chelsea Lately all the time and I think she the funniest thing on the E! Network, second only to Joel McHale.

In My Horizontal Life Chelsea regales the reader with several hilarious stories of her one night stands. The ironic thing is that many of her tales do not actually result in sex. However, she really gets herself in some extremely uncomfortable situations. One of them involving a very acrobatic, possibly underage, cruise-line actor.

I have a very different sense of humor than most people. I love to laugh but I usually do not find myself laughing at the same things as other people. However, I laughed out loud all day yesterday while I was reading this book. In my mind, I could just hear the way that Chelsea Handler would have said some of these things. That made it even more hilarious and fun to read.

My Horizontal Life is never going to be considered as one of the classics. But I definitely consider it a must read. Men and women both will be able to find it hilarious. I think that Chelsea Handler just might be the female Tucker Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment